TVU, 22 September 2016 – The University officially launched the 9th Vietnamese – Hungarian Conference on Agricultural Research for Sustainable Development with the participation of more than 200Vietnamese and international scientists in field of agriculture.
Following its success in the previous series of conferences, this 9th conference is co-organized by Tra Vinh University, Research Centre for Farm Animal Gene Conservation (HáGK) and Association Of Hungarian Small Animal Breeders For Gene Conservation (MGE). The conference theme for this year is “Research for Developing Sustainable Agriculture.”
Associate Prof. Dr. Pham Tiet Khanh, The Rector of Tra Vinh University, said: “This international conference brings about opportunities for Vietnamese and international specialists to seek for ultimate models and co-operative activities for sustainable development in agriculture.”
The conference invited five keynote speakers to present research projects on various topics ranging from ideas for genetic conservation such as Protection and Development of Hungarian Animal Breeding Traditions at HáGK (by Dr. Szalay István, Director of Research Centre for Farm Animal Gene Conservation, Chairman of the Association of Hungarian Small Animal Breeders for Gene Conservation, Hungary), Genetic conservation of Viet Nam animals (by Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Van Duc, Subeditor of Journal of Animal Husbandry Sciences and Technics, Vietnam.) to climate change adaption in agriculture such as Smart agriculture adapting climate change (by Dr. Nguyen Thanh My, President and CEO of RYNAN AgriFoods, Vietnam), Developing Aquaculture climate change (by Prof. Dr. Nguyen Thanh Phuong, Vice rector of Can Tho University, Vietnam) and Regional linkage and adapting climate change (by Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Van Sanh, Director of Mekong Delta Development Research Institute, Can Tho University, Vietnam).
“The conference received more than 60 relevant research projects from Vietnamese and international experts in agriculture for conference proceedings”, said Dr Lam Thai Hung, the Dean of the School of Agriculture and Aquaculture, Tra Vinh University.
Lecturers of Tra Vinh University contribute more than 10 papers on a wide range of topics including the application of technology to enhance seed quality and quantity in the landscape of climate change.
The afternoon sessions include in-depth discussions and analysis on potential approaches to cope with the burning issues of agricultural development as well as genetic conservation, and post-harvesting technology.
The conference attracted the participation of international scientists in field of agriculture from Hungary, America, Japan, Indonesia and Vietnam. The next conference is going to be organized in Hungary in 2018.
HáGK researchers presented 5 papers in 3 Sessions of the Conference:
- Szalay Istvan* – Barta Ildiko – Emodi Andrea – Koppany Gabor – Thieu Ngoc Lan Phuong – Kisne Do thi Dong Xuan – Rovidne Kovacs Krisztina – Babay Gellert – Fügedine Berenyi Agnes – Dobos Attila – Gall Levente – Kanya Florian – Kobolkuti Lorand – Mateffy Eszter – Rakossy Zsigmond: Gene rescue programme to protect local farm animal breeds and ecotypes in the Carpathian basin: “the Gene Ring” – “A Gengyuru”
Session: Gene conservation, animal science, and animal breeding and genetics:
- K.D.T. Dong Xuan*, T.N. Lan Phuong, P.T. Minh Thu, P.D. Tien, I. Szalay: Status of old Hungarian poultry breeds adapted to the subtropics and tropics of Vietnam
- T.N. Lan Phuong*, K.D.T. Dong Xuan, R.K. Kovacs, I.T. Szalay: Conservation progress of old Hungarian poultry breeds
- I. Lehoczky*, D. L. Dalton, J. Lanszki, Z. Sallai, M. T. Madisha, L. J. Nupen, and A. Kotzé: Population structure and genetic diversity of otter populations in Hungary;
- B. Kovács, G. Boros, Z. Vitál, A. Mozsár, A. Specziár, V. Józsa, B. Urbányi, I. Lehoczky* Preliminary results of molecular genetic inspection of hypophthalmichthys genus in lake Balaton, Hungary;
Full Proceedings of the Conference is available here:
By: Huynh, Ngoc Tai – TVU School of Foreign Languages
Source: en.tvu.edu.vn; Saturday, 24 September 2016 11:24.